JOB DESCRIPTION – Weekday Ministries Director
The Weekday Ministries Director coordinates the necessary support, resources, supervision and leadership to ensure the provision of nurturing care and education of young children in a safe, Christian environment. Responsibilities include supervision of staff, overseeing the development and monitoring of ministry programs and curriculum, management of the facility and its finances, and open communication with all stakeholders.
- Ensures and facilitates the smooth functioning of all aspects of the Weekday Ministries (WDM) program in order to best serve children and families. Plans and facilitates a program of education and care of children for each age group.
- Provides supervision, leadership and support to all WDM staff.
- Facilitates the recruitment and coordinates the selection, hiring, and orientation of all new staff in collaboration with the Personnel Committee.
- Conducts ongoing informal and annual formal performance evaluations of staff.
- Coordinates staff scheduling within approved teacher-child ratios to include securing proper substitutes when necessary.
- Ensures licensing and safety requirements are met at all times, including but not limited to those from Bright from the Start. Works to meet guidelines for children’s safety, health, and nutrition.
- Oversees the physical plant and reports concerns to the Properties Committee.
- Coordinates the work of teachers and maintenance workers so that rooms are in order each day.
- Consults, supports, and provides guidance to teaching staff in evaluating and revising children’s programming as needed. Schedules regular staff meetings for planning and evaluating the program.
- Provides and monitors participation in appropriate professional development opportunities for staff as required from Bright from the Start.
- Recommends a budget and continually monitors income and expenses. Maintains operation of the program within the approved budget in consultation with the WDM Committee.
- Cooperates with the Certified Public Accountant on all payroll duties and budgetary needs.
- Ensures the smooth integration of new children into the program.
- Works closely with the administrative assistant to ensure the efficient administrative operation of the office in a friendly, professional manner.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships and regular communication with parents, the WDM Committee, and the Church. Attends all WDM Committee meetings as set forth in the policies and procedures manual.
- Collaborates with other community agencies as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Spiritual: Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is active in a local church. Commitment to and demonstration of personal spiritual growth. Models standards and expectations of leaders within FBC Rincon, including being connected, serving, giving, and inviting.
- Education and Experience: Bachelors degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education preferred. Other acceptable educational and experience requirements as defined by Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning are available at http://decal.ga.gov/documents/attachments/CCLCRulesandRegulations.pdf (pages 53-54).
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience desirable.
- Knowledge of financial principles and procedures.
- Clear criminal records check.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Good physical, mental, and emotional health.
- High degree of initiative and commitment to high quality programming for children, a supportive work environment for staff, and a collaborative relationship with the Church and the WDM and Personnel Committees.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite, social media, email, mobile applications, etc.
- Exceptional English usage, grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary.
To apply: Submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Classification: Full time
Reports to: Lead/Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt