Thank you for considering employment at First Baptist Church Rincon.
First Baptist Church Rincon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. One of the requirements for employment is declaration of Christian faith and agreement with our Statement of Beliefs. Active members of FBC Rincon will be considered first for employment opportunities.
After reading the job description below, please email Gary Lewis email@example.com if are interested in being considered.
The job description below can also be downloaded HERE.
We seek a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant who also demonstrates flexibility and strong interpersonal skills. Experience in database management, Microsoft Office software, some Apple software (Pages), varying types of social media, ability to plan and oversee projects and events, and willingness to work with volunteers is required.
Job Classification: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Reporting to: Senior/Lead Pastor and Director of Children’s Ministries
- Provide administrative support to FBC Rincon, the senior/lead pastor, and the director of children’s ministries by monitoring, organizing, and supporting projects, tasks, calendar items, and other commitments.
- Provide assistance in handling phone calls, communications, maintenance of filing systems (electronic and paper), and preparation of presentation materials for all meetings as instructed (like sending weekly email to deacons and preparation of documents for committee meetings and quarterly conference).
- Coordinate and record all events for the church calendar, including all calendars given to staff and posted in any form for our congregation to see (like website).
- Working to ensure that there is uniformity between the announcements given in services, items posted on social media, and items listed on our website. They must all be coordinated in details.
- Work with the Senior/Lead Pastor to organize people and projects to support the weekly worship experience. (making of bulletin, slides, other promotional materials, updating the website, and uploading the weekly Sunday morning sermon)
- Contribute to the continuous improvements of our organization.
- Assisting our Weekday Ministries a few hours each week doing data entry and computer support.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and active in a local church
- Commitment to and demonstration of personal spiritual growth
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within FBC Rincon, including being connected, serving, giving, and inviting
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word & Excel, and Apple Pages
- Proficiency in ProPresenter would be an asset
- 3-5 years Experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Experience in organizing multiple projects and events
- Experience working with a website and various types of social media
- Highly organized; flexible
- Exemplary oral & written skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirement for performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. FBC Rincon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. One of the requirements for employment is declaration of Christian faith and agreement with our Statement of Beliefs. Active members of FBC Rincon will be considered first for employment opportunities.